IPPIS is a Department within the Ministry of finance responsible for timely and accurate processing of salary payroll, and other allowances of state Government employee’s with appropriate deductions and remittances of 3rd party payments such as State Boards of Internal Revenue, National Housing Fund, Pension Fund Administrator, Cooperative Societies, Trade Unions/Association Dues Bank Loans etc.
IPPIS DEPARTMENT SCHEDULE OF DUTIEs
1. Management of state Civil Servants Employee Records
2. Processing of Payroll for payment of Salaries and other Allowances to State Employee
3. Deduction of Tax and other Third Party Payments
4. Issuing of Payroll to Third Party (MDA’s)
5. Coordinating enrolment of new staff and or MDAs into IPPIS Payroll.
6. Manages IPPIS reference registry where all mails are dispatched / failed;
7. Coordinates verification exercises;
8. Monthly Report to Accountant General on Salary Variance and other allied Payment
9. Perform payroll accounting, make payroll entries and maintain payroll files
10. Ensure that payroll processing is in compliance with relevant financial laws.
11. Address payroll inquiries from employees in a timely manner.
12. Generate periodic payroll reports to Accountant General